- This event has passed.
Critical Issues For AU-EU Collaboration On Health And Science
February 17, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm UTC+1
In December 2021, researchers, scientists all over the world demanded a global response with regards to the apparent inequality in the global vaccine supply. The rich countries were buying up all the vaccines without regards to the needs of the low-income countries especially in Africa. Also, there were reports of the drug industry undermining the efforts of WHO to bring vaccine manufacturing to Africa.
In a letter that was sent to Mr. Josep Borrell Fontelles, High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, Vice President European Commission, and Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organisation (WHO).
The DG, WHO has responded to this global action for solidarity through a letter in January 2022. Fortunately, Research Advisors and Experts Europe (RAEE) wants to take this conversation further through this conference titled, “Critical Issues for AU-EU Collaboration on Health and Science.”
Date: Thursday, February 17th 2022
Time: 12pm (WAT/CET), 1pm (CAT), 2pm (EAT)
Location: Brussels/Online (Zoom Meeting)
- Opening Address by Hon. Fortune Charumbira, Acting President Pan African Parliament.
- Keynote Address by Dr. Tedros Gebreyesus, DG WHO (invited)
- Dr. Lieve Fransen, Board Member Public Health Foundation
- Prof. Dr. Mouhamad Mpezamihigo – Vice Chancellor of Kampala International University (KIU) in Uganda
Prof. Dr. Francisca Oladipo – University of Lokoja, Nigeria
- Dr. Reginald Nalugala – Tangaza University College, Kenya
- Prof. Ronald de Jong – Professor of Practice at Tilburg University
- Julia Duncan Cassell, Former Minister of Gender and Social Protection, Liberia – Closing Address